Friday 18 April 2008

*dedicated to T*

A sigh, a look, a prayer…

“No man could love her.”
She hears them whisper
Their scorn and mockery;
She can take no longer.


“Good girls finish last.”
The story of her life,
Yet she is determined;
To believe for an answer.

What she lacks she makes up for
In ways only a true man could appreciate
What she wants; is no game
Just love, just truth, just what is hers.

What gain can she claim?
If there is no one by her side
What has been her purpose?
If she has failed to ‘secure’ a life?

Tonight she wants to ask the forbidden
She wants to know: ‘what about me?’
What wrong have I done? To want the pure
To stay pure?

Why do they mock me?
Am I not good enough to be loved?
What about me?
What about me?


She looks at me awaiting an answer
Answer to a question I do not know either?
She believes in prayer
She believes in God
And all I can tell her is:
That is good enough…

Tomorrow you will smile
When you remember this journey of ours
Someday you will say; “I’m glad I did it no other way.”

But until that day comes
Deal with the present feeling however you must
But never count yourself out
There is a tomorrow on the horizon

To believe this is a MUST.


his peace; my love. chichi.

4 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

"Tomorrow you will smile
When you remember this journey of ours
Someday you will say; “I’m glad I did it no other way.”


wow Chichi...I pray this really touches the person u wrote it for...

Zoe Believer said...

sweetheart..i haven't read it just wanted to say how r u? u r still in my thoughts and have a wonderful and blessed week. Remain blessed

chichi said...

@ jaycee: hey u... yea; i hope T* gets it. thnx 4 visiting.

@ beleiver: enyi? ke kwa nu? it is well wiv u darling. everyone has their handsfull o jare; God dey wot a comfort that is. tk cre lovey.x

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

"never count yourself out"

Too true, too true. Thanks for this poem.