Tuesday 22 January 2008

why do jealousy?

the early morning sun pierced through the slightly drawn curtain in my room; i was turn between waking up and catching another few minutes of shut-eye.... then i rembered the scripture that i had heard in my dream over and over again...exdous 28vs 2.

in the above verse God was instucting Moses.... the part that ''got me'' was when God said Moses was to dress Aaron in a ''different'' garment seperating him from all the other people. you see Aaron was a priest... he had a calling on his life that was different from anyone else he had to accept it and so did everyother person.


why do jealousy?{i wrote dat in green haing in mind 'the 'green eyed'' monster}


the problem i see is that so many of us find it HARD accepting where we are, or who we are. we always believe the next broda or sista has it better.... and yearn secretly or overtly to have what they have or be who they are.

we knock our selves down by comparing ourselves with the standards of men and we hardly ever clebrate ourselves!!

we think we are ''no good'' just by looking at other people....

the bible says set your mind on things above....
i learnt a long time ago that my sucessess does not depend on the failures of others!!

YOU ARE DIFFERENT!!

it would not happen for you {maybe} as it happend for toyosi, or nneka or mildred or whoever it is you are looking at.... whoever it is you are using as your yardstick/standard!!

God has called you on a different path, as our personalities differ so is the plan God has for us!!

the psalmist says : he leads me in the best pathway for my life!! he leads you and i in the best pathway for our life....


now even though the plan[s] God has for us differ.... one thing that is the same for each and everyone of us is the promise in jer29vs 11

God is too good, too faithful, too holy... to not do ''right'' by us.

yesterday i called a friend, and he informs me of a girl we both know .... and how things are '' looking up'' for her....

if it was anyone else i would not have acted funny for a second the way i did when i was told.... there is this history i have with the girl that makes me often forget the reborn spirit that i am!!!


satan immediatedly saw ample oppurtunity to get me thinking its supposed to be{check previous posts} basically the devil was sowing into my mind thoughts of jelousy and that ''look at my life!'' self-pity jargon!!

but then i rembered the bible verse that had come to me in a dream and i shook off the devil.... i SHOOK OFF the negativity, the seed of jelousy that was being planted in my thoughts!!

i made a choice entering into the year that i choose joy all the way.... and some things have happned that could make me curl up and moan and groan.... but the thing about this choice i made is that for once i have ubderstood that TRUE joy has NOTHING to do with the 'stuff'' that go on around me....


so yesterday i made a choice that made the devil MAD as well as kept my joy and my spirit pure... i choose NOT to do JEALOUSY....

my pathway is different....
your pathway is different....

there is this song i heard in my brother-in-law's car , the song is titled "God has not forgot..."

he is on his way to reach you,
stop letting the devil tell you any different.

jealousy means you believe that you would NEVER get to where you belong, that you will NEVER see the goodness of God in your life....

so i am happy for her.... our history aside .... i am happy for her!!
im confident enough in the ability and soverignty of God, and in his love for me which brings to pass everygood and perfect thing in my life to say that!!

his peace. chichi.

1 comment:

Jennifer A. said...

I love this post...

We all have different paths in this life, and we need to embrace and celebrate our individualities each day. We were each created for a special purpose, no time for jealousy!